- Manage a small business or part of a larger business?
- Want to improve your business?
- Don't know where to start?
- Too time-poor to research how to do it?
There is an enormous amount of business knowledge and wisdom available to managers. So much so, that it can be overwhelming.
Because there is far too much information around for a time poor manager to read and digest, so much that could advantage your business gets left undone.
Smorgasbord is a volunteer effort to distill that business wisdom into bite sized morsels that are quickly digested and implemented by managers to improve their operations.
That is why we call it "distilled business wisdom".
Our Mission is to lead you to the information you need to be a better manager and serve it up to you in a palatable manner so that you actually get to the point of implementing whatever elements you find useful. Until you are implementing, we have not succeeded!
Because people learn and absorb information in different ways, we deliver knowledge to you via different channels so you can pick the one(s) that work for you.
1. Knowledgebase: our written collection of distilled business wisdom. You are most likely to use this to answer an immediate problem you have. You can Search by keyword or follow one of our Menus that suggest useful topics to read. Sample topics are;
- Want to see how focusing on one simple rule might lead to a 16 times improvement in your productivity?
- Can my inventory management actually cost me money?
- How can a 1% increase in price give you a 20% improvement in profit?
- Can I really double my profit in 90 days?
- Want a free weekly email with the latest additions to the Knowledgebase? Register for Inside Track here.
2. Turbocharger: a special collection of articles addressing the most common goal of for-profit businesses; how do I make more profit
3. Masterclass: designed for those who would like the satisfaction of completing a structured series of learning modules on subjects of interest. This is tailored to those who want to systematically expand their knowledge of management
4. Support: It can be lonely out there being a manager. Often you can't discuss things with your staff and you may not want your boss to know you are a bit shaky on some topic. We have several avenues for you to ask questions of like minds and to build a network;
- Mentoring and Coaching: Would you like an experienced mentor or coach to help you untangle where to go next to improve your business?
- Q&A: use you public forums to float a question and get feedback and advice from others
- Business networking: this space lets to form and join groups of like minds to build your own network if businesses
- Read more About Smorgasbord here.
- Register for free at the Log in Form to the right of this page. although Paid membership may be necessary later on, Smorgasbord will always be free to managers in developing countries so we can help you thrive
- Want a free weekly email with the latest additions to the Knowledgebase? Register for Inside Track here
- Finally, but all importantly, we will take Smorgasbord where you direct us that you want more material. Use the Feedback button on the top menu to join in the discussion on future directions.
We hope you find Smorgasbord useful and work with us to improve it.